KITCHEN & ELECTRICS

The old kitchen was removed shortly after I moved in.  Most of the units were broken down and taken to the tip to be disposed of. Some were used to build a small kitchen in the lounge which was also my temporary bedroom.  I literally used a slow cooker, airfryer and microwave for 15 weeks and the first thing I made after getting my hob was poached eggs! I spent 3 days chipping the tiles from the walls. The kitchen was planned  the old fashioned way, on graph paper before transferring my design to the walls of the kitchen. Checking for both the fit and making sure I allowed for the new plaster. I went to Wicks in December with my design and John the CAD guy put it all in his computer and then  printed it out for me to see 3D.  I chose a solid painted Oak in grey. Wicks did refund me £220 in January (as promised) because my kitchen did go down in the January sale. 




Only the units were bought, no extras, despite some hard sales talk I kept my nerve but more importantly to my budget!. I bought the worktop from a worktop company who cut it all to size and delivered it. The internal larder baskets that Wicks wanted over £400 for I got off Amazon for £130. The appliances were bought from numerous outlets that had the best possible price. 

I was given a delivery date of the 11th January.  So between the 15th December and the 5th January when the kitchen was being plastered, I had the electrician in to fit a new consumer board, spot lights and add 2 more sockets. Hubby had already moved a couple of existing ones that would have got in the way of various units etc. In general the electrics in the bungalow were good and a certificate was duly issued. Everything was delivered on  11th January as planned and the flat pack building started in earnest. 





I'm really pleased with the finish and according to my friend, its more spacious now then when it had less units in it!! The walls were painted in White kitchen Matt paint which is completely washable and any splashes etc are easily removed. Bye for now. Tx


Comments

  1. Very, very nice. I love the pantry cupboard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Janice, I love my pantry. Everything is super accessible and the food can be rotated easily. No old packets lurking in the depths of the cupboard.

      Delete
  2. It looks really nice, and very modern. I think the only thing I would have done differently is the worktop, you have one like Alan's, I prefer the 'wood look'. But your kitchen really suits the bungalow. Those larder baskets look brilliant, everything looks super accessible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I've had all types of worktops in my renovating career! Laminate, quartz, wood etc but I am a realist, I know I'm clumsy and spill stuff. The laminate is idiot proof for me who ends up with stains everywhere!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello and Welcome

Moving In