Windows & Doors

 Although the bungalow had double glazing, I didn't like it.  There were no certificates handed over when I bought it and the vendors daughter couldn't even hazard a guess as to how old the windows actually were. The plastic  grid like construction forming the Georgian look was off colour and just horrible. I think it may have been OK had the original windows had some uniformity to them, but vertually every window had a different design. Just looking at them sent my OCD to new heights! haha. Once again I called on a company I used before to come and give me a price. They are only small but everything is guaranteed and registered with FENSA.





The windows took 5 weeks to be made and were literally fitted the Friday before Christmas on the Sunday. The door didn't arrive until after Christmas.  The removal of the old windows caused  damage to the bricks either side of the sill, so the fitter had to return with matching bricks after Christmas to repair the damage.  Plus the new front door had arrived and that was fitted too. 



The bungalow looked very flat faced, if your know what I mean.  I researched canopy's online and they were a ridiculous of amount of money to get a company out to fit one.  I discovered a company on Ebay and contacted them. They emailed me the specifications of their product and the fitting instructions, so I asked my husband if he could fit it. He was a fabricator welder before he retired and is used to constructing and fitting things, and working from drawings. He said it wouldn't be a problem so I ordered it asking for a few size adjustments. It cost £189.00 delivered, an absolute bargain.  And in my mind, the finishing touch the flat facade desperately needed.  I just need a new house number sign to complete the overall look.

Thanks for stopping by, its really appreciated. There will be more frugal content along the way. I've already started various seedlings ready to grow more this year. I'm aiming to grow:

Lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, peppers green beans, runner beans, raspberries, loganberries, raddish and cougette. Anything that can be prepped and frozen for the winter months will be a great bonus. My next post will be asking for your help. Please join me. Bye for now Tx

Comments

  1. It looks so much better with the new windows and door, and yes just that little canopy adds a bit of character to the flat front doesn't it. Dare I suggest something bigger in the pots at either side of the front door to highlight the area even more ... or perhaps the contents have already grown a bit since the photo was taken.

    You know if you need help we will be here with whatever we can offer. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, we are both singing from the same hymn book! I did change up the pots at the front for two larger ones I already had in the back garden. I'll post a more updated photo on my next blog. The pots looked lovely dressed with fairly lights each side of the door at Christmas. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello and Welcome

Moving In

The Garden